Amy Winters, L.C.S.W.
4860 Riverbend Road, Suite 1
Boulder, Colorado 80301
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Patient Age Groups:
M.S.W. in Clinical Social Work, University of Kansas, 1993; Integrative Body Psychotherap; EMDR certification; training in PAIRS and Imago couples counseling; Gestalt; Clinical Chi Kung Energy Body Healing, 4 year training.
Background / Experience:
16 years psychotherapy experience including private practice, mental health agencies and hospital settings. Stress management and mindfulness meditation instructor.
Professional Interests / Specialties:
Working from a strengths perspective to help individuals overcome life’s challenges, transform old self-defeating patterns and move in new directions.
• Emotional Healing:
– resolve depression, low self-esteem, anxiety and panic
– learn ways to manage stress and anger more effectively
– supportive therapy and rebuilding skills after divorce, loss of a loved one, job loss
• Trauma, Sexual Abuse and PTSD Resolution—gentle and effective
integration of cognitive and body-based therapies, including EMDR,
mindfulness-based therapy, hypnosis and gestalt therapy
• Relationship Issues, Couple and Family Counseling—deepen emotional
connection and intimacy; improve communication; resolve conflicts
• Parenting Skills to help navigate the challenging teen years
• Teen counseling to ease peer, school, family and social stresses
• Spiritual and Personal Growth Issues—East and West orientations
Professional Affiliations / Activities:
National Association of Social Workers
Rocky Mountain Trauma & Dissociation Society
National Chi Kung Association